Marketing & Outreach Manager Job PostingJuly 14th, 2017
Date of Posting: July 13, 2017
Date to be Filled: Interviews scheduled to begin as early as the week of July 31, 2017 and will continue until position is filled
Position: Marketing & Outreach Manager
Pay: This is an hourly, non-exempt position at $17-$20 per hour
Benefits Include: TriMet pass, monthly healthcare stipend, retirement contribution, paid holidays, & annual paid time off (PTO) allocation.
About the Westside Transportation Alliance (WTA)
The WTA is a non-profit organization that educates and engages people who work in Washington County on transportation options as alternatives to driving alone to and from work. Transportation is an issue that impacts everyone, and reducing the drive alone rate for commute trips can benefit individuals and businesses by reducing the number of cars on the roads, which relieves congestion, improves air quality, promotes healthy behavior, helps employers recruit and retain high-quality employees, and increases freight capacity.
Employment in Washington County is projected to grow by 50% over the next 20 years, bringing more jobs, more people, and the possibility of more congestion. As such, it is increasingly important to seek creative ways to promote transportation options. The WTA works with employers, local governments, transportation options providers, and other non-profit organizations. We promote all modes of transportation options with solutions tailored to the needs of our member organizations.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position responsible for leading WTA’s marketing and outreach efforts. WTA is a small organization that serves a large geographic area and a diverse mix of members and interests. Therefore, it is very important for applicants to have an “all hands on deck” mentality, a willingness to be flexible when developing strategies to accomplish goals, and the ability to meet specific project deadlines.
An ideal candidate will be an effective communicator, creative problem solver, and will possess a customer service mindset. Ideal candidates will be self-starters who have the ability to understand priorities and complete assignments with minimal oversight. Candidates must be comfortable working independently and within a team environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Assist with the creation and promotion of strategies to engage people in transportation options for their commutes to and from work sites
– Maintain healthy relationships with member organizations through effective outreach and communication, and help develop new relationships
– Develop and implement an annual marketing & outreach plan that includes promotional, educational, and outreach strategies
– Develop creative marketing campaigns and programs, including collateral materials, presentations, and events
– Represent WTA at events to promote transportation options
– Develop and manage WTA’s website, social media presence, and e-newsletters
– Other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate will have a background that includes:
– A Bachelor’s degree (minimum), in marketing, communications, public administration, non-profit management, business, urban and regional planning, or other relevant degree
– Two years (minimum) of relevant work experience
– Exemplary oral and written communication skills
– Must be self-motivated with ability to work independently and take initiative
– Ability to represent the WTA professionally to member businesses and partners
– Community outreach/event planning experience, ideally in a non-profit setting
– Experience with website building platforms
– Proficiency with Word, Excel, and social media
– Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple projects simultaneously
– Experience or interest in non-profit work
– Familiarity with transportation options a plus
– Ability to work with diverse stakeholders in a suburban environment
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Jeff Pazdalski, Executive Director, via email (preferred) to email@example.com or via mail to Westside Transportation Alliance, 12725 SW Millikan Way, Suite 300, Beaverton, OR 97005.
For questions, please contact Jeff Pazdalski, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 906-7961.